Splinter Cell Wii U Gets Patched, Another Coming Soon
A patch Splinter Cell Wii U has now gone live.
This patch brings a lot of fixes to the game, but not fixes to what us Wii U owners would consider the biggest problem. Here’s a breakdown of everything this patch will be altering:
- Fix timer and progress bar for Daily Challenges
- Fix misc. issues with Gone Dark challenges
- Fix misc. issues with guards shooting sticky camera and not engaging search behavior
- Fix Nouri not following Sam in rare conditions in Private Estate mission
- Fix animation glitch when sliding down a ladder and immediately throwing a grenade
- Fix mission preview image not updating when cycling through different missions in the settings
SPIES VS MERCS
- Extraction: Fix Intel stuck on weapon when a client is dropping it twice in a row
- Extraction: Fix potential exploit where an ammo box placed in front of the Intel drop crate would allow to skip the “securing the intel” animation
- Fix not being able to invite more people to Private Match after playing a match in a mode where the maximum number of players is lower than the maximum number of players for the new mode
- Fix Drone Hunter points not awarded when blowing up the drone with certain gadgets
- Fix waypoint staying red when Pandora settings are ON and a hacker has been killed
- Fix accessing an empty menu when trying to view the Customization Screen or match Settings right when the countdown reaches 0
Fix general host migration issues
- Fix rare cases of Spies falling out of maps
- Fix spawning with no weapon and unable to shoot when pushing the stick forward during the character selection screen until the match starts
There’s a distinct lack of connection and matchmaking fixes on that list. Fortunately, Zack Cooper from Ubisoft has confirmed on the Miiverse developer community that the that Ubisoft is actually looking at these issues and hope to fix them ASAP:
I honestly haven’t touched Blacklist Wii U in quite a while due to the many online issues it has. You’re friends can’t joing into your lobby literally 95% of the time, when they do you get separated when trying to do matchmaking, the game puts you in your own lobby rather than match you up with already-existing games or lobbies, and the game will also cause your Wii U to freeze.
Hopefully Ubisoft will be fixing these exact problems in the very next patch.